I wasn't very prepared for Valentine's Day this year, so the night before I hung these hearts on the light fixture in the dining room. (Jack wanted to know why his basketball hoop wasn't decorated.)
After a quick run to Smith's after going to the gym, I was prepared. I picked up these fabulous plastic Valentine plates that we'll use for years to come.
It's hard to keep your eyes open for pictures so early in the morning.
I made heart shaped pancakes for breakfast, but Jack mostly just ate his M&Ms that I gave the kids. I'd prefer him not to eat M&Ms for breakfast, but at least we got it over with and he ate all of his.
After Kate went to school, we had three of Jack's friends over for a Valentine-themed preschool. Then we fed the missionaries dinner (cafe rio pork). Then we had our neighbor friends over for FHE and decorated sugar cookies. It was a little bit busy.
Dave and I didn't go out on Valentine's Day (we usually don't), but on Saturday we had a date. We went to Wicked in Albuquerque. My sweet aunt Karen watched the kids while we went the play. It was great!
Maybe next year I'll get around to making cute Valentine decorations and sending grandparents valentines made by the kids...


3 comments:
That is SO cute! I love those plates and can't imagine how fun to go to WICKED!
Love the pancakes, such a cute idea!
You are awesome! I never think of these creative ideas until after the holiday is over!
Post a Comment