Friday, March 30, 2012

Ty...is two...and a half...

Ty LOVES Jack's electric train.  I started getting it out on Sundays after church and then putting it away a day or two later.  Ty threw the transformer (a.k.a. controller box) so the train had to be put away for a few weeks.  Every time Ty said a prayer he would say, "bless us to get the train out" and then end his prayer. 

I finally got the train out a few weeks ago and Ty was so happy.  But then shortly after I got the train out he asked if we could put it away.  He loves helping me put away the train cars and the tracks, probably because he gets to hold them.  He doesn't dare control the train.  He will only stop it and hold down the whistle button for a long time. 

Ty has been doing some new moves when I bathe him.  He goes up into plank position so I can wash him without him having to stand up or roll over.  He was showing me his move in this picture, but usually he's up on both feet. 
Can't you just hear him asking, "Can I get the train out?" or "Hot chocolate, Mom?"  Try telling those big eyes no. 
Ty has been surprising me with other things that he says.  Yesterday he said that he wanted to watch a movie about a locomotive (I always call them trains or engines). 

Then we were driving past a building that is under construction and I told Ty that they were building a building.  He said, "No, they're making a foundation."  He got that word from reading Tonka books that Jack has brought hom from the library. 

A few minutes later he said, "That was good timing, Mom," when we went through a green light.  Jack has been noticing whether or not we have to stop at stoplights.  If we don't have to stop then it is "perfect timing". 

My favorite thing that he said yesterday is when Kate sneezed and Ty said in a grumpy voice, "Hey, don't spit on me!"  Today he told me not to punch him in the face (I was not punching him).

He definitely talks more than the other kids did when they were two.  Maybe because he gets to hang out with boring mom all day while the kids are at school.  He's a cutie! 

No comments: