Jack's last soccer game of the season ended in unexpected way.
At halftime I snapped this picture of their team.
![]() |
| top: Reese, David, Nikolai, Owen, Gavin, Sarah bottom: Molly, Amelia, kid from a WR team, Lyas and Jack |
At the first part of the fourth quarter, Jack slid to kick the ball and landed on his arm. From the way he was holding his arm (like it was flopping) and the way he was crying, I knew it was broken. Dave had to keep coaching the game, so I took him to get it checked out.
Grandpa Judi came with us. He climbed in the backseat and gave Jack a blessing while I was driving.
We went to Urgent Care first, but their x-ray tech wasn't in, so we had to go to the emergency room at the hospital.
After the game was over, Dave switched places with me. He stayed at the ER while I went with Marianne and the other kids to clean the church.
After x-rays they found that he broke his right arm. They put it in a splint that went above his elbow and gave him a sling. He seemed like he was in a lot of pain until they splinted it and then the pain was minimal.
Jack's cleats and socks were so dirty that the hospital bed was covered in dirt by the time he left. They had to wipe dirt off of his arm too.
Right away Jack started trying to do things with his left arm, even playing basketball.





No comments:
Post a Comment