Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We're Still Here...

All right, I guess it's time that I post something. We've been keeping busy, but haven't taken many pictures in the last few weeks. I've had good intentions of taking pictures, but it hasn't happened. So, here's what we've been up to:

We bought a membership to one of the pools here (they are all private and expensive and not-so-nice-because-they-are-old), so I'm trying to get as much use out of it as we can before the baby comes. Kate started swimming lessons this week and has improved so much! Jack is no longer totally freaked out by the water. So, it's been a good thing. Hopefully the weather warms up a little (we skipped swimming lessons this morning because it was only 48 degrees out and raining).

I found a smaller bike for Kate at a yard sale on Saturday. We bought her a bike for Christmas a year and a half ago, but it's too big for her to ride without training wheels. Dave took the pedals and training wheels off of the smaller bike, so she can get used to balancing. Hopefully someday she'll ride it without training wheels (with pedals). Jack tried really hard to ride the bike, but it's a little too big for him and he had a few wrecks before finally believing us that it's too big for him.

Our neighbors gave us their bunk beds last week. So, Dave's been busy sanding them down so we can paint them and then put them back together. The kids were really excited about having bunk beds. They slept in them for a few nights before we started working on them.
We've been spending a lot more time outside these days. We had breakfast outside on Saturday after trying out the new bike. (if you look closely in the reflection you can see my lovely ever-growing figure).I'm just waiting for July to come, so this baby can come out. Kate helped me wash the baby clothes and other baby stuff, so it can be ready. It will probably just sit in my room for another month or so, but oh well. I like to be prepared.

Anyway...That's what we've been up to. Lots of words and few pictures, but oh well.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Be sure to post the "after" pictures of the bunk beds. Biking and swimming sound fun!

Michal Thompson said...

Bikes are essential, and bunk beds are super cool- you have been up to a lot of great things! I hope July comes fast too!

Tasha said...

I love how excited they are about their bunk beds:0) July will be here before you know it...HOPEFULLY!