Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Baby Brother is Here!

Ty David Judi was born Thursday, July 9th at 8:46 pm. He was 7 lbs, 7 oz, and 19 inches long.
I went in for my doctor appointment on Thursday afternoon at 3:10 hoping that maybe my doctor would induce me the next day before she went on vacation for two weeks. I was a little skeptical whether she'd do it or not since I was almost 38 weeks.

Anyway...I ended up being dilated to a 3 or a 4 so my doctor had me check in to labor & delivery. Everything went really fast, but turned out well. Dave took care of the kids and made it to the hospital before anything happened. I got an epidural and it worked! My doctor made it to the hospital before Ty was born.

Ty is a perfect, healthy baby and I am feeling pretty good too. We came home on Saturday. I enjoyed my two day vacation in the hospital. :)

Here are some pics to enjoy:

Me and Ty a few hours after he was born (it was late -- I know I look lovely)

The next morning when the kids came to see the baby




Saturday morning with Grandma -- waiting for the doctor to show up to discharge us so we could go home
Marianne drove down by herself on Friday and is helping Dave with the kids. Sweet lady!
Ty -- 4 days old

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! We are doing great and enjoying little brother!

12 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

Well he sure does look like a Judi. You look awesome. Congrats!

Tasha said...

Congratulations! I think you do look lovely and I am serious:0) I am glad everything went well and fast:)

Wendi said...

So cute! Its funny I was just working on Cameron's scrapbook and it looks like the hospital rooms are still exactly the same... ah the memories.

MLE ~ Rowley :) said...

Congrats Jenny! I'm glad everything went well for you and your sweet baby. He sure does look like he fits right in. Very cute!

mags said...

don't ya just love marianne? that baby is so cute! sure wish i could hold him. congratulations and good job!!

Melinda said...

He definitely looks like one of yours, kind of a mix of Jack and Kate! He looks great...his skin looks so nice and his hair is so soft looking. What a beautiful baby boy....congratulations.

Cammie said...

Sounds like everything went very well for both you! He is so cute!

liz0622 said...

Congratulations! I almost cried mostly because I have not had mine yet, but I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jenny & all! I'm so happy everything went so quickly (comparitively speaking) once you were able to be induced. I loved getting caught up on all your adventures too - great idea on taking off the pedals of the big bike. Hope your adjustment to 3 goes nicely.
Lots of love,
Jen Savage

annelisa said...

Ty is such a sweet baby. Thanks for letting us come and visit so soon after having him. And thanks for letting me hold him! Can't wait to see you guys again!

AnneMarie said...

How has it been going with 3? I can't wait to hear all about little Ty.

He is so cute! More pictures please!

The Coxes said...

Jenny - Ty is soooo sweet! I'm so happy for you guys! Kendy :)