Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July! We had a great day yesterday. The kids rode their bikes in a little children's parade, I got to work on my bike decorating skills, the kids went to a little carnival, then we came home and it rained and made everything nice and cool. Here are some pictures.

Jack on his big boy bike -- his helmet fits better if he wears a hat too, otherwise he can't see. (It kind of looks like I'm holding a blue balloon in front of my stomach, but unfortunately it really is just my stomach.)
Kate did great riding her bike amidst all the people. I think she was a little annoyed that Dave and I walked in the parade too. She wanted us to watch.

The kids participated in a three-legged race. They did a great job! Jack only fell down a few times and they actually finished.

After the parade we came home and put together the bunk beds. I think they look great and I love that the kids' room isn't so crammed with stuff now.
And the kids wanted a picture of them in their new beds.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Wahoo for the bunk beds. I'm going to have some questions for you about two kids in a room...

The Coxes said...

Your bunk beds are really cute! I love the paint job. And I also thought that was a fun glimpse of your belly - 15 days to go!! Good luck with everything! Kendy :)