Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Break

We had a great Spring Break with Grandpa and Grandma Judi visiting us.  Dave took the week off, so we all got a nice break.  Here's some of what we did:

EASTER, Sunday, April 4, 2010

The kids got to find some Easter eggs on Sunday morning.  They each had certain colors that they had to find and then there was one egg with their name on it and a clue inside it.  The clue led them to a new book.  We successfully celebrated Easter this year without talking about the Easter Bunny at all.  The kids knew that I hid the eggs and bought them a book and they didn't ask about the Easter Bunny.  Maybe they'll ask about him next year.
Kate and her book, Little Mommy
Jack got The Three Little Pigs -- one of his favorite stories

Grandpa was a great story reader.
I made Shaunna's famous Easter cupcakes -- chocolate cupcakes w/creme filling for an early birthday celebration for Kate.

Saturday, April 3, 2010 Egg Hunt

Following Judi tradition, we colored Easter Eggs and also had a BBQ (without the picnic).  I made the our traditional Easter BBQ -- marinated chicken, hamburgers, salads, etc.

Coloring Eggs
Getting ready to find eggs
Ty watching the egg hunt
Checking out their loot


Friday, April 2, 2010 Kate's Early Birthday Present

We went to Albuquerque and Vaughn and Marianne took the kids to IHOP for breakfast while Dave and I went to the temple.  We went to Target on the way home and let Kate pick out a scooter for her birthday.  We were nice and let her open it even though her birthday wasn't for another week.

The kids waiting for Kate to get the OK to open her scooter.
Jack helping Dave set up the scooter.
Showing off the new scooter to Kate's friend, Nina
  Jack and his buddy, Grandpa -- they were inseparable the whole week.  Jack was in heaven having someone to play cars and basketball with him all the time.
Marianne threw out her back while she was here, so she and Kate spent lots of time cuddled on the couch.
This is how the kids like to play outside sometimes -- take a whole bunch of stuff outside and play for a while.  (Then watch Mom put most of it away -- oh well, at least they were playing nicely together.)

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 Bandelier Hike

We took Vaughn and Marianne to Bandlelier National Monument for a picnic and hike.  They hadn't been before, so the kids were excited to show them around.

Ty and I are ready to go.
 Our very simple picnic lunch -- I needed to go grocery shopping.
 My boys -- Jack really wanted to wear the Camelbak -- it didn't last too long.
 The men.
 The ladies


 Dave, Jack and Vaughn went on a extra part of the hike -- up some really steep ladders against the rock face.  Kate, Marianne, Ty and I watched from the safety of the ground.
 At the top by the kiva (shown behind them)


Sunday, March 28, 2010 Cameron & Emily's Blessing

We took a quick trip to Colorado Springs so we could go to church for Cameron & Emily's blessings.  It's always fun to stay w/Geoff & Annelisa.  The kids LOVE playing with their cousins.


Cousins!  (I love this picture of Ty -- he's SO mad!)



1 comment:

annelisa said...

I love all the pics. I guess I should post pics about the blessing too! You might have to send us that pic of our family, none of ours are that good!