Sunday, December 12, 2010

Jack's Christmas School Work

Every afternoon while Kate is at school and Ty is napping, Jack and I sit down for a little while and do "school" together.  Sometimes it is pretty hard for Jack to tear himself away from playing basketball and acting crazy, to sit down and write or read with me.

One day he wrote his letter to Santa.  You can tell about where he started to lose interest (on the third line with the giant "M").  
SANTA,

LIGHTSABER
AMBULANCE
FIRETRUCK
ROCKET

JACK  (by the end of the letter he refused to write anymore, so I wrote his name for him)

On December 1st, Jack and I made this paper chain to count down the days until Christmas.  He'd been asking me everyday since Thanksgiving when it would Christmas. On each day we wrote down and drew pictures of what we would do that day. 

I told Ty to go stand by Jack.  This is what he thinks "go stand by Jack" means.

1 comment:

liz0622 said...

Wow Jenny! you are an amazing mom. Love the christmas card. Give me a call if you ever come to Salt Lake Again.