Sunday, May 8, 2011

New House

Last week we bought our first house!  It's been quite the process with counter-offers, long inspections, and lots of waiting and waiting.  We closed on Wednesday, April 27th and moved in the next day.

Here's a picture of the house (I didn't take it -- it was online).  This will be our "before" picture, since we have lots of work to do on the outside of the house and the yard.

There are lots of things that I love about this house and a few things that we can't wait to tear out.  But that's for another blog post.  We've already done a lot of yard work (with much, much more to do) and torn out a closet in the garage and shower doors in the bathroom.

It's been a crazy, busy last couple of weeks with packing, cleaning, unpacking, school, dentist appointments, teaching piano lessons, soccer games and practices, t-ball games and practices, stomach flu, loads and loads of laundry, Easter, Jack's birthday, etc.

Things are settling down and we're almost unpacked.  I have lots of blog posts planned in my head that I'd like to do, but it'll have to wait until later.

1 comment:

Michal Thompson said...

wow, I want to see lots of picks, when you get time. I understand how you might be feeling right now.