We went Christmas tree hunting the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We didn't go the day after Thanksgiving because it was raining and foggy. The Nye family came with us.
We couldn't go tree hunting where we've gone in the past, near Abiquiu, because the fire, so we went to the Caja Del Rio area west of Santa Fe. We were worried that we wouldn't be able to find a tree, since there were tons of junipers and not very many pinions. We finally found an area with a few nice trees. We can't be as picky with our trees in New Mexico.
We went pretty early in the morning and it was cold and windy!
 |
| Kate, Annika, Craig, Jack, Ty, Ashley |
This is the Nye's tree...

The kids were warming up in the van when Dave and I cut down our tree. I left the camera in the van, so we don't have any pictures of the cutting process. And I didn't take any pictures of the kids decorating the tree either. We set up Jack's electric train around the train.
1 comment:
Sooo cute! I love seeing what you guys have been up to. YMCA basketball, Christmas tree hunting so fun! It makes me miss you guys.
p.s. The electric train around the tree is seriously Martha Stewart! How cute. Ezra would go crazy for it. It's probably good we're not there to de-rail the train :)
Post a Comment