Step 1: Take a picture so you can remember what it looked like before, with the 12 foot Putnam Rolling ladder, the modge podged scientific pictures, 12 bookcases, desks, cupboards, armoire, etc.
Step 2: Take it apart. We moved some of the nicer cabinetry into other closets and the desk into our playroom. We sold the armoire and huge heavy tv. My favorite part was when we tore down the modge podged scientific pictures. Nothing like looking at evolution pictures while eating your dinner. :)
Step 3: Wonder whether or not you did the right thing as you stare at a 13 foot empty white, white, white wall.
Step 4: Kick holes in the wall! It's harder than you think.
Step 5: Take off the dry wall. Vacuum. Take off more dry wall. Vacuum. And then vacuum again
Step 6: Remove the excessive amount of electrical outlets in the wall.
Step 7: Put up a beam. And decide that you don't really want to put french doors in it because you LOVE it open!
I love how you can see the trees in the backyard.
And the kids love how they can run around in a circle.
Now onto dry wall, texture, and paint!
3 comments:
great choice! I am loving it- way better than than the library wall!
I love it! I also really love your new couches.
Every house with kids needs a circle! It looks awesome. I love what you did.
Post a Comment