Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break Day #2 Driving and Monterey

We drove from Bakersfield to Monterey the second day.  I loved seeing all the fruit orchards and big trucks full of vegetables.  Not something that we see in New Mexico.
We stopped in Cambria and bought stuff for lunch at a grocery store.  The ladies at the store told us where a park was by the ocean.  So, we went there to have a picnic.

The kids loved seeing the ocean!  Ty didn't eat lunch until we were back in the car.  He sat down on the sand and started digging.  A local lady gave the kids moonstones that she collects from the beach. 
I wish Dave would take more than one picture, so I don't have to look like this...
 We drove up the coast on Highway 1 from Cambria to Monterey. It was a beautiful drive. I loved watching the ocean the whole way. Luckily no one got car sick on the windy roads. The kids all fell asleep along the way.


We were stopped for some construction on a bridge, so we snapped some pictures. Ty was asleep in the car.






We met Norm and Melinda and their boys (who were on spring break too) in Monterey.  We checked into our hotel and then went to Dennis the Menace park for dinner.  I wish I would have gotten more pictures of the park.  It was a super fun park, but I only got pictures of Ty and Ben.  The other kids were running around too fast.  They loved being with their cousins!
 


No comments: