We still have tomatoes, green peppers and a few onions (most of the onions have been eaten). I planted zucchini three different times and finally they sprouted and are growing. We planted more cucumbers and put walls of water around them to protect them from the squirrels.
We planted potatoes in the planter boxes that go down the side yard and they are doing great. The deer have only nibbled on them a little bit.
I planted cilantro in the front yard planter and it's producing! I love how there is a deer track right in the middle of the cilantro. It's hard to grow anything here!
We built a fence around the garden to keep the deer and rabbits out. They were ruining the garden before we put up the fence. We also borrowed our friend's pellet gun and got rid a few rabbits that were destroying our grass. (Sorry to any of you rabbit lovers out there. It's legal in NM to get rid of them -- we checked.) Dave and Jack built a trip a couple of months ago and we've caught a couple of squirrels in it that we've relocated a few canyons over.
I made 24 jars of apricot jam and then we gave most of the other apricots away to neighbors and friends.

3 comments:
The garden is looking great...those potato plants have really grown since we were there. Your apricot jam looks beautiful!
I love your planter boxes! What are walls of water? Does it keep the squirrels out? And I am so jealous of your apricots - how fun!
I too love the planter boxes. So awesome. I made apricot jam last week and it is really pretty good. I used to think I didn't like it.
Post a Comment