Friday, February 15, 2013

Ice Skating

The kids and Dave went ice skating quite a few times in January until the rink closed mid February.  Nick and I came along too and supplied hot chocolate and tissues.  Sonehow I never manage bring the camera (and the camera card) to take pictures.  I took some cell phone videos, but they are sideways and worthless. 

Here's the one and only picture that I could find on the phone...
We borrowed ice skates for the boys, so we dudn't have to rent them each time.
 
The kids improved so much and really enjoyed skating.  The sores on their ankles didn't stop them from skating.
 
The kids each had their own skating style.  Kate hardly ever fell down and had more of a walking-style skate technique.  Jack was usually the fastest skater on the rink, falling down often and stopping by slamming into the wall, but never complained.  Ty started out by holding onto Dave's hand and pshing a cone.  He got so he could push the cone alone and if he fell down he'd crawl to the cone and stand up.  Dave improved too and learned some new techniques.
 
We went skating three times over President's Day weekend.  We even pulled the kids out of school early on a Friday so they could skate when the rink wasn't busy (and because they had basketball practice at night).

No comments: