My parents and little sister, Emmalee, came to visit for a week. They arrived on Saturday. They came to church with us on Sunday and got to hear me play the organ (I'm still working on the pedals, so sometimes it's interesting...)
They hadn't seen Nick yet and so they held him whenever they could. They loved his smiles.
On Wednesday, February 27th, I had surgery on my umbilical hernia. The day before my surgery my throat was pretty sore. I wasn't sure if it was okay to have surgery with a sore throat, but it worked out fine.
It worked out great that my parents were here, because I had to be at the hospital at 6:15 am. Dave came with me to the hospital and my parents took care of Nick and got the kids off to school. The surgery was pretty fast and I was home by mid-morning.
I couldn't nurse for 24 hours, so my family enjoyed feeding Nick a bottle. Luckily he took it. I hadn't pumped enough milk, so we mixed formula with the milk that I had in the freezer and it worked out.
It was great having my parents here because I ended up not feeling very well. My stomach was very, very sore for several days. Plus my throat hurt really bad. After my parents left, I finally went to the doctor (when I could walk semi-normally) and found out that I had a screaming case of strep.
My parents took Kate to play practice, picked up the kids from school, made dinner, did dishes, went to basketball practices, went grocery shopping several times, took the kids on walks, etc. I got to sit on the couch and watch Downton Abbey (some of the time -- it actually felt better to walk around).
My dad was Ty's buddy. He "did his letters" with him (abc flashcards), read him many stories, and they even played with playdough.
I'm really glad that my parents came to visit. They were a huge help!
No comments:
Post a Comment