Ty seemed to like kindergarten. He said he didn't know any of the kids names, except for a kid named Corbin. He played with his friend, Marcus, from church at recess a little bit. He didn't really want to go to school when he woke up each morning, but once it was time to leave for the bus, he was excited.
I took the kids to the pool a few times right after school. It was great to get some energy out after being good all day.
On Monday, August 18th, my friend, Juli had a brunch to celebrate my birthday at her house. Lots of my friends were there: Angela Vest, Angela Anderson, Juli (of course), Sylvie Johnson, Elizabeth Allen, Bonnie Olsen, Teri Kierstiens, Kristy (that just moved here so I don't know her last name yet), Erin Sintay, Megan Tripp. It was really fun to eat yummy food and chat for a while.
I was planning my menu on the couch. Nick snuggled up with me to look at the pictures of animals in my cookbooks. We took a selfie together.
Dave left early Tuesday morning and went to Denver for work. He didn't get home until late Thursday evening. He has bad luck and his returning flight home was delayed, so he got home much later than planned.
Wednesday, Kate and her friends, Sophi, Annika, Ada, and Ella performed for the Golden Years dinner (for everyone 55 and older in our ward). They did their synchronized swimming routine that they did for the school talent show in May, except they added a part for Ella.
Friday we finally got tired of Nick having his binkie. I cut the end off of it and then gave it to him. He tried to suck on it, but was annoyed and dropped it. He didn't seem to care too much. He only cried a little bit at bedtime and naptime for a few days and not every time, but a few times. He's much happier without it and he talks more now.
We went on a walk to the North Mesa picnic ground park on Friday night. Nick pushed his little stroller the whole way there and almost the whole way home.
Thursday I went to Santa Fe for the first time in a while without the big kids...just Nick and me. We took a whole bunch of stuff back to Lowes and Home Depot. It's the first time in years that we haven't bought anything there. It's so nice to be done with house projects!
![]() |
On Friday, I went to the school and ate lunch with the kids (and Nick too). Jack's class was supposed to be having a picnic outside (they do that every Friday, I guess), but it was raining, so Nick and I got to go to their classroom and watch silly cat videos with them.
Monday night at 11 pm, Dave's friend, Bobby, called to see if Dave could help him with a family emergency. It ended up that he needed a ride for him and his roommate to the police station. His brother in law had been in a fatal accident, but we didn't know that before Dave left.
Trent Johnson, that was killed, is the son-in-law of our neighbors and friends, Bob and Lynda Judd. We are friends with them and several of their adult children and their families that live in town. Trent has two sons, one of whom is Kate's age and plays often at the Judd's house with Kate, Jack and Ty on the trampoline. I spent a good chunk of time emailing and calling people to plan things for the family. I am Lynda's visiting teacher, but wanted to do something for them. I took them dinner on Friday night. Saturday morning was the funeral. I was asked to help organize some brunch food for the family before the service. I asked several of the family's non-member friends (since Trent wasn't a member of the church and his family wasn't active) to help, which they very willingly did. I also played the organ for the funeral. It's a very sad situation. My heart aches for their family.
On Sunday, we actually didn't walk home from church. There had been an earthquake near San Francisco Sunday morning, so Dave had to go into work to do some emergency response work. The kids were thrilled to be able to just drive home. I actually took a really long nap and didn't even wake up to the kids noises. That hasn't happened in a long time.



No comments:
Post a Comment