On Monday, I took the kids to the pool right to after school. The kids love going swimming in the afternoon.
Tuesday evening I went to the open house at the kids' school. Dave stayed home with the kids while they played legos.
Wednesday was the usual short day where the kids get out at noon. We invited four other boys from church that are in kindergarten over for a playdate with Ty. None of the boys are in Ty's class, but they could still play at recess. We invited Chase, Marcus, Diego and Jack Daly. They played legos, played outside, watched a short episode of Rescue bots while they ate popcorn, and checked out the fort behind our house. They all got along well and had a good time.
Kate went to an audition for the 5th and 6th grade performance for Willy Wonka in November. They had to sing happy birthday alone, learn a dance and read a paragraph. Kate gets to be an Oompa Loompa along with her friends, Ada and Annika. Sophi and Ella are in it too.
After the audition Kate went to activity days at the church. Jack went to Lyas' house for several hours.
On Thursday, I went to the school and ate lunch with the kids. It was really fun! I love talking with the kids and their friends. Ty ate the fastest I've ever seen him eat. He must have been hungry.

Thursday after school was a bit crazy. I picked the kids up from school and we did homework. Then at 4:30 we went to the school to the Band Try it Night. In order to be in band in 5th or 6th grade you had to go to it. We went and Kate tried blowing in a flute. She made a sound pretty easily. They wanted us to try more instruments, but we had to leave. I forgot checkbook so I had to go back later and pay. Luckily there was a guy there that had a bunch of used instruments that I bought a flute for $107. Kate loves it! She blows into it all the time. I even remember a little bit from playing it in middle school.
After the band night we went to Ty's first soccer practice of the season. They didn't have a coach so I volunteered. There are only 6 kids on his team and only 5 were there. It went ok. I realized I'm not sure what all the rules of soccer were. Kate and Jack helped me along with another mom. It'll be an interesting season.
Later that evening I went to a relief society activity. They were doing yoga and having massages. I was pretty late but it was fun to get out while Dave put the kids in bed.
Friday was Dave's day off. I washed windows while Dave reinstalled the directv satellite. It took him several hours to get everything reconnected and wired from the roof to the crawl space and back into the living room to the tv.
After school we went to the pool for a few hours. Then we went home so Dave and the boys could watch the first byu football game of the season. Kate went to sophi's house for a willy wonka party. I picked her up at 10 pm.
Saturday we actually slept in. It was so nice not to have huge projects to work on. We mowed the lawn, changed the oil, etc. Then we headed to Albuquerque to go to the temple.
While Dave went to a session the kids and I went to Kohls and Target. Then we got frosties from Wendy's and went back to the temple. While I went to a session dave took the kids bowling.
We went to chickfila for dinner. It was action figure night so there were lots of people dressed up. They had a climbing wall that Kate and Jack tried. They also had Bumblebee and the Batmobile.
![]() |
| Ty was mad because he wanted to go play longer inside Chickfila in the playplace. Ty wasn't impressed by seeing Bumblebee because "it's not a real transformer. Just a car." |
![]() |
| The Batmobile |
Today was just a normal Sunday. I played the organ. Nick didn't want to go to nursery. Dave stayed down there most of the time and Nick still cried a lot.
After church we did our usual walk home. We spent lots of time looking for golf balls by the golf course and found 8 of them. Then we came home and had big drinks of water (it was hot!), drank orange julius and ate nachos. Then we played croquet.
Ty was playing on the driveway with the jogging stroller. It knocked him over and he fell on the cement and got a huge scrape above his eye. A few minutes late Nick fell down and got an ouchie on his knee.
Since the kids were gone at school all day this week, I spent lots of time with Nick. He loves walking with the kids to the bus stop in the morning. He gets his shoes on, folds his arm for prayer in the entryway and marches down the street. He gets excited when he hears the bus, gives kisses to the kids before they get on, and waves to them as they leave.
Words that Nick said this week: ouchie, buckle, stroller (strollo), drink, bus, show, shoe,
He's also amazing at hiding. I lost him several times at Kohls. He wedged himself in the racks and holds really still and quietly.
Other random pictures of Nick from this week.
![]() |
| I dried some apples and Nick enjoyed munching on them. |
![]() |
| Nick decided to reorganize the bottom of the fridge for me. |
![]() |
| Quite a few times this week I found Nick laying down on the rugs in the kitchen. |
![]() |
| I also made some pear fruit leather. Nick loved it! He's kind of picky and doesn't eat much, so I'm happy to find something that he'll actually eat. |
![]() |
| I ran over to my friend, Teri's house on Monday. I pushed Nick in the jogger, but I let him walk with his stroller first. |









No comments:
Post a Comment