Dave and I signed the closing papers a week before closing because Dave was supposed to go on travel. His trip ended up being rescheduled, but at least we got the papers signed and out of the way.
The movers didn't show up until about 10:30 in the morning. I tried to have every organized and ready for them to start loading. The moving company had guys come pack most of our stuff the previous Monday and Tuesday, but the guys had to wrap all the furniture and get all the odds and ends.
The buyers came over at 9:30 because they couldn't get two of the burners of the stove to work during hte walk through the day before. I tried to send them a picture when we got home on Sunday to show them that all the burners work, but they really wanted to come try it. They knew that I didn't really want them to come, so thankfully they didn't stay long or ask any other questions.
The moving guys were still loading stuff in the truck when the kids came home from school. They tried entertaining themselves without any furniture or anything. They ended up playing the computer for a long time. They said they were hungry too, but luckily Mrs. Wilson next door brought over some really yummy brownies.
I was getting into a cupboard and Jack asked if he could have his vitamins. Habit, I guess. I thought it was funny, because he knew we didn't have any food left in the house.
Nick screamed for a long time. He didn't have much of a nap, because he fell asleep in the car and then was woken up. Or maybe he just liked how his screaming echoed in the empty house.
Taking turns on the computer.
Jack made this dragon stove at scout camp this summer. We never tried it out, though we should have! We ended up having to throw it away because the packers didn't pack it and we were running out of room trying to fit our stuff in the truck. Jack agreed to throw it away. It was pretty cool though.
Nick was happy when I was holding him...for a little while.
I snapped a few pictures of the totally empty rooms.
Living room
Entryway...Hallway...
I'm sad to leave this end of the hall closet. It's so much nicer than the cupboards that we took out there this summer.
Nick's room (aka toy room)
Master bedroom...
Kate's room...
I tried to snap a picture of the kids in front of the door, but Ty couldn't hold still. I told him that he was making the pictures blurry by moving, so I think he was moving more.
I thought it would be really sad to leave the house, but the new owners made it less sad for me. They showed up at 5:40 ready to take over. I'd texted our realtor to let him know that the movers weren't going to be done by 5:00. They filled up the whole truck with our stuff and were trying to fit in the last few things. I hope my piano survives because they put it in last with the odds and ends.
Anyway...the buyers didn't get the message that we were still there, so they showed up and waited outside for a little while. Finally they asked how long we were going to be because we still had to go through the moving paperwork with the movers and they went for a drive for 15 minutes.
When we finished we gathered our few strangling things, like our modem, a bag of frozen food that I forgot to take to the Epperson's, a remote that I found under the heater, etc. and shut the doors and we left.
We took the kids to Quizno's for dinner. After dinner Dave drove by the house and the new owners were moving things in already. The new owners are an older couple that are moving from California to live closer to their grandkids. I didn't really want to meet them because they'd been so picky about things in the inspection, but they seem nice, just very particular about things.
After dinner we headed over to the Epperson's to start our stay there for the next two weeks. The kids hadn't done their homework yet, so we did that. They explored the house a bit and then went to bed.


.jpg)

.jpg)










.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment