I made these invitations and the ward mission president printed them out on heavy paper in color. They looked great. The kids got to take them to hand them out to people. I gave three out. One of the Zettlemoyer's, our neighbor Angi Barillo, and to the Martinez family. Angi and her son, Nate came! The other two families had sick kiddos.
I got to speak first. Here's basically what I said:
My name is... One of my younger sons asked me the other day
if Jesus is really real. Immediately a
line from a primary song that we've been learning for the program popped into
my head. "I did not touch him or
sit on his knee, yet Jesus is real to me."
I talked with my son about how we weren't alive when Jesus was on the
earth, but I have faith that he really did live and that he still lives. My faith in Jesus Christ grows as I pray to
Him and my prayers have been answered many, many times. I feel the sweet, warm, calm feeling of the
Holy Ghost confirming to me that what I believe is true.
In primary this year the theme is: I Know My Savior lives. We have been helping the children feel and
understand the great love that our Savior, Jesus Christ, has for them. We have been learning about his life and his
commandments and how to be more like Him.
We are helping the children recognize when the Holy Ghost confirms to
them that what we are learning is good and true.
The children all wrote their speaking parts
themselves. They are sharing their
testimonies of what they know to be true.
Job 19:25 reads, "For I know that my
redeemer liveth and that he shall stand at the latter-days upon the
earth." I know my Savior
lives. I know our lives are better as we
try to be like Jesus Christ. I know that
we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows us and loves us individually and who
has a plan for us to return and live with Him again with our families.
Here's Kate's part: My name is Kate Judi. I like President Dieter F. Uchtdorf’s talk in the
October General Women's Meeting. He talks about how a girl named Eva stays the
summer with her great aunt Rose. Great aunt rose is happy all the time even
though some things in her life didn’t go as she planned. This taught me
that I can be happy even when things go wrong.
Here's Jack's part: My name is Jack Judi. In the Book of Mormon we learn that "By the power of the Holy
Ghost, ye may know the truth of all things." I felt the
Holy Ghost when I went to General Conference."
Here's Ty's part: My name is Ty. I will share my love with others by helping my friends.
I really enjoyed the program. Mariann Medina put it all together and had the kids write their parts. I added a few scriptures at the last minute after realizing that there were none in the script. It was a neat meeting. We talked in primary afterwards about how we felt the Holy Ghost. The bishop challenged the kids to either/or write in their journal about what they felt or share their testimony with their family. Kate and Jack did both!
In sharing time, the kids got to dress the teachers up. The kids (and teachers) loved it!

In sharing time, the kids got to dress the teachers up. The kids (and teachers) loved it!


No comments:
Post a Comment