Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fire Station Visit and Big Boy Jack

Yesterday the kids and I got to go visit a fire station with some of our other friends. Kate was pretty interested in everything, like seeing where the firemen sleep and eat. But, Jack on the other hand was a little scared. He cried two times: 1) when a fireman slide down the pole (the coolest part!) and 2) when a fireman put all of his clothes and gear on. I thought it was pretty interesting.


And, yesterday Jack finally started riding his bike with both feet on the pedals! He usually just pushes with one foot and has the other foot on the pedal. He was riding in the garage yesterday and came in to get me saying, "Me did it! Me did it! Watch." It was a beautiful day yesterday (60 degrees), so he rode up and down the sidewalk for a while.
Now maybe we should get him a bigger bike than this one.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Congratulations to Jack! Don't you love this beautiful fall weather? I keep telling Ethan he'd better go outside and play because it may be the last nice week...but I've been saying that for a few weeks now!

mags said...

ahhhh! aren't you kinda sad he figured it out. i hate it when they grow! good for you Jack!

Tasha said...

Kenley is finally getting used to the fire station and all the "Noises" She always wants to see Daddy's truck and have him turn on the "woo woo":)