Sunday, November 23, 2008

BYU/Air Force Game, Early Christmas, and "Crazyanna"

Brace yourself. This is going to be a long post.

Last weekend we took a little trip to Colorado Springs and went to the BYU vs Air Force football game. The kids loved staying in a hotel, going down the waterslide into the hotel pool, eating at McDonalds (yippee, I know!), and going to the game.

We didn't take any pictures during the first half of the game while the sun was still shining on us. It was pretty warm until the sun went behind the stadium at around halftime, then we had to bundle up because it was cold. So, just picture the kids in their BYU shirts underneath their coats. They looked super cute and BYU fan-ish!I think Jack thought that we were going to play football, not just watch it. He kept asking where his football was. We bought him a little football at the gift shop and then he was happy. Jack slept through the first half of the game and was pretty good during the last part.
Kate enjoyed watching the cheerleaders and the Air Force falcon mascot and eating her M&Ms.
Lucky for us BYU won and had a pretty good lead so we could leave a little early. We drove home after the game and got home around 11:00 pm. Dave had to get up early at 3 am the next morning so he could fly to a conference in New Orleans. More about New Orleans later in the post...
I got my Christmas present yesterday. Kate said it is a Thanksgiving present, so maybe I'll get something for Christmas too. Anyway...We went to Albuquerque yesterday morning and bought a digital piano. There is only one store in New Mexico that carried Yamaha Clavinovas, so we went there yesterday and came home with a piano. I love it! We've all been taking turns playing some tunes. Now I just need to get some more piano music (and I have to start teaching lessons too).

Now more about Dave's trip to New Orleans... He was gone from Sunday until Thursday night. Kate said that he went to "Crazyanna" (which is true). Jack thought he was on an airplane all week and was really mad when Dave came home in the car and not an airplane.

Here are some pics from his trip that I thought were interesting.

17th Street Canal -- you can see the new section that failed and has been replaced.
A Brad Pitt-built house
No more Six Flags!
No more Walmart
Guy playing the piano in the street in the French Quarter
New OrleansSome final thoughts. Hopefully BYU will have a better game against Utah next year. While Dave was gone this week, I googled "football for dummies" and read up a little about the game of football. This is our eighth football season since we've been married and every year I've told myself that I'm going to read a book about football, so I actually understand the game. I grew up in a not-so-athletic family, so I'm a little dumb when it comes to football. But now I understand a little more and actually watched some of the game yesterday.

We're getting ready for Thanksgiving and anxiously awaiting the arrival of Grandma and Grandpa on Tuesday. So long for now! Happy Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

annelisa said...

Congrats on the piano! That is so exciting! New Orleans looks like a pretty city! Who knew? Glad Dave is back.

suzi said...

Hey! Nice piano!! I miss seeing your cute family around. When are you going to be in SLC again?!

Tasha said...

Why does everybody that I know who has the ability to teach piano always move away?? Your kids are still as cute as ever:)

Michal Thompson said...

I don't think a book is going to help you understand football, and I think we have the same piano- love it! And you should have stayed with my parents in CO. My dad was at the game!!! Next time

Wendi said...

Shannon told me the other day that we need a piano so that she could play. Looks like you had some fun at some BYU games. Too bad they didn't beat Utah. I was kind of bitter about that.

Melinda said...

What an interesting place New Orleans is, especially now, after Hurricane Katrina. I don't think I care for Brad Pitt's architectural style though...I think Kate's got it right with "Crazyana"...I read in the paper last week that it is the city with one of the worst crime rates in the country??? Aren't you glad I didn't say that BEFORE Dave went out there?