Monday, November 10, 2008

Getting in the Spirit

We've been getting into the Christmas spirit at our house. The kids have been singing some Christmas songs. This is what they sing:

Kate: The cows in the heavens look down where they lay. (Away in a Manger)

Jack: Tinkerbell, Tinkerbell, tinker all the way. Hey! (yes, we did rent the Tinkerbell movie a few weeks ago.)


This morning it snowed a little bit. The snow was starting to stick, so I got out the kids' snow clothes and boots to see if they still fit from last year. Jack got all dressed up and was ready to go outside, but the snow had already melted. We took a picture of their winter clothes instead of going outside to play.


And, this is how Jack took his nap today. He got out of his bed during naptime. I put him back once, but when I went back in his room to check on him he wasn't there. He was downstairs asleep by his trains and cars. I'm just glad he fell asleep.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I love Kate and Jack's versions of favorite Christmas songs! The mental imagery of "the cows in the heavens" looking down benevolently at baby Jesus from above made me crack up!

annelisa said...

You've got cute kids!

mags said...

cows and tinkerbell are now synonymous with christmas!! did i tell you that jace has a blankey just like jack's. he calls it me me and must have it to sleep!

Michal Thompson said...

Oh how funny, the things we do to get our kids to sleep!