Today happened to be my turn to host preschool (I trade with 5 other moms every Thursday), so I combined preschool and a birthday party. We learned all about letter "T" and celebrated Kate's b-day. Here are all 8 girls (6 preschool girls and 2 friends) sporting their newly decorated Tiaras.
They also played Tic-Tac-Toe, went on a Treasure Hunt, ate lunch with Toothpicks, got a Thank you Treat bag, etc., etc., etc.,
After morning preschool Kate went to her normal afternoon preschool. She took more cupcakes to share with her class.After school we decorated her "Sleeping Beauty" cake. I didn't get a great picture of it. All the pictures that Dave took of it when she was blowing out the candles show my not-s0-lovely stomach without my head.
Sometime while I taught two piano lessons, someone tasted a little frosting from the front of the cake. Lovely...
After piano, we went to soccer practice. Dave is the coach again this season, but this time there are 11 kids! (nine 4 or 5 year old boys and 2 girls).
After soccer, we invited our friends, Chris & Geneva over for dinner and birthday cake. Here's a back-side picture of Kate with her cake.
While Kate unwrapped her present from Chris & Geneva, I re-lit the candles for Jack, since he was throwing a huge fit. He thought today should be his birthday too.
Kate, Chris & Geneva
Kate sporting her new leotard and tutu from Chris & Geneva.
Kate put on a little dance recital while Jack joined me and Chris in taking some pictures.
It was a much anticipated day by Kate. It was a busy one for me, so hopefully she enjoyed it! When she was going to bed she was telling me that now she's almost 6!
7 comments:
What a great day! So is growing up so fast but then I remember that my daughter is the same age as Kate, but for some reason it's hard to notice your own kids growing up but you can in others. Is that wierd? Anyway, I'm glad she had a good birthday! I remember her real one five years ago!
Shannon says: "Happy Birthday! I miss you so much. I hope that you had a happy birthday. Zubby loves you too. You look cute in your tutu."
It looks like Kate had a great day! Happy birthday!
Looks like so much fun! I just love the little tiaras the girls had for the party.
Great job Jenny. Happy Birthday Kate. Sadie says Happy Birthday and she misses you a lot. Hope you are having fun in Los Alamos and you can come visit us anytime. Hi Jack and Dave!
Glad her birthday was fun! I wish you would have posted a pic with your belly.
happy birthday to kate! i love jack taking pictures of her in the bottom photo. avery wished she was at the party! good work jenny.
That was a very busy birthday!! And apparently she's already thinking about her next birthday when she's six! I can't believe how big she's getting... Kendy :)
Post a Comment