Monday, April 13, 2009

Random Thoughts

Well, I don't have any wonderful pictures to post today. I just have a couple of random things to post about.

Kate got this game for her birthday from one of her friends. The whole family played it with her yesterday and it was pretty fun! A great gift for any 5 to 8 year old. I liked it better than the real Monopoly game. The game actually ended too! (I ran out of money first, so Kate won.)

Our Easter plans were disrupted by the ton of snow that we got this weekend. We were going to hide eggs on Saturday in the trees behind our house, but it snowed a lot on Saturday, so we had to hide a few in the house instead.

I finally finished scrapbooking Jack's 1st year yesterday. My goal was to finish it before the baby comes. Now I feel like I should work on the other years of Kate and Jack's life instead of just their first. We'll see if that happens.

Soccer season started again. Dave's coaching again, but this time there are 11 kids! That is a ton of 4 and 5 year olds (9 boys and 2 girls). I'll be glad when it's over.

And, most importantly (is that a word?) of all, Dave is done with his dissertation! I keep forgetting to call him Dr. Judi. Kate isn't convinced that he is a Dr. since he doesn't work at the hospital.

Well, I think that's about it. So long for now!

5 comments:

suzi said...

Hooray for you guys! What a lot of great things being finished for you!! I can't believe little Kate is playing soccer somewhere besides on OUR team! I need your new number again so I can call you!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Wendi said...

Congrats!!! The end of the dissertation is SUCH a relief! Of course, now comes the editing, but once the bulk of the writing is down, you're on the downhill slope.

Way to go on finishing Jack's first year. I have yet to do Camerons. I did go through and select the pictures I am going to use, I just haven't actually gotten them printed yet. I will do it eventually!

The Coxes said...

Congrats to Dave! I can't believe that he's Dr. Judi now. So weird that our husbands are finally finishing up with so much schooling!! Kendy :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the BABY & DOCTOR!! So exciting for you. I LOVED Kate's birthday cake - my mom made me one like that when I was 8 and it has always remained my favorite. Sounds like such a fun party. You're a great mom, Jenny! Loves, Jen Savage

Melinda said...

Ethan wants to get a doctorate now, thanks to Dave. He thinks his graduation robes were superhero clothes, but then reminds me that Dave "doesn't really" have superpowers...."right Mom?"