Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My calling in life...

Jack says funny things to me all the time and I always mean to write them down later, but then I forget when he has said. Anyway...This is a conversation we just had this afternoon. We were almost home from our walk to the golf course (so I could get some exercise and then Jack could hit some balls) and we were talking.

Jack (looking at his Jack-sized golf club): Daddy needs a big club. I need a little one. . . Daddy uses a big hoop, but I'm too little.

Me: But you can use your little hoop.

Jack: Yep.

Me: What size of hoop does Mommy use?

Jack (thinks for a second): You wash my shirt. And...wash my hands. And...make me chocolate milk.


At least Jack realizes a little of what I do everyday. I guess I'll leave the basketball to the boys.

3 comments:

annelisa said...

that is so cute! See all your hard work doesn't go unnoticed!

mags said...

i'd take chocolate milk over shootin' hoops anyday! what a smart kid!

Melinda said...

That is a testament to your great mothering skills. How sweet. Basketball has nothing on motherhood.