Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bandelier National Monument

On Saturday we took the kids to the Kite Festival where they got to make kites and got their lovely free yellow kite t-shirts. It was super windy, so they flew their kites for a little bit. Then we headed to Bandelier National Monument. It's really close, but we've never been there before. It was pretty fun though. So, those of you that come visit we'll probably take you there. Here are some pictures:

Eating our picnic lunch before going on a hike.



Sitting on a kiva (right after Kate's hat flew off her head and landed in a hole -- luckily it didn't go into the big kiva part)
The rock wall where lots of Indian houses are/were.
Hello!


Jack LOVED climbing the ladders up to look into the cave houses. Kate was a little afraid.

Inside a cave-house (can't remember what they called them, but if you come visit us we'll buy you a guidebook to learn all about them).
I was making dinner when we got home from Bandelier and took this picture of the kids when they weren't looking. I love it when they act like this!

1 comment:

Marci said...

I am amazed that you do so much considering how far along you are. I pretty much stick to the couch the last trimester. My aching body would never do what you do. You are amazing!!