Monday, August 17, 2009

Kate's First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Kate's 1st day of kindergarten. She goes until noon all week and then next week starts going all day. Kate was super excited. I was excited too, but a little nervous about Kate going out into the big world all by herself. She did great though -- no tears from either of us (just lots from Jack after school -- I think he felt a little left out).

Waiting outside her classroom
Waiting inside her classroom
Jack really wanted to play with the trucks.
The kids learned a song and then sang it before the parents left.
Kate and her teacher, Mrs. Hopkins after school

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Hooray for Kate, that's a big milestone. She looks so cute. I'm glad it went well.

Michal Thompson said...

wow, good for kate, Dylan and I both had tears!

The Schramm Family said...

Oh I love it. Say Hello from Sadie and I to Mrs Hopkins!

suzi said...

That is so cute! She's so grown up. There's nothing like that first day of Kindergarten...well every year's first day I think. I'm glad it went so well! She's such a cute girl and we miss her especially as soccer is starting up again! ;)

Meagan said...

Wow. Kindergarten. Congratulations to Kate. How's Jack handling it?