Saturday, February 27, 2010

Water Baby

Ty loves his baths. Sometimes he takes one with Kate and Jack in the big bathtub. Most of the time he sits in his baby bathtub and splashes away. 

I realized the other day that I haven't taken a bathtime picture of Ty yet.  So here is one when he's 7 1/2 months old:
 
Yesterday after school we took the kids to rec center in Santa Fe.  They have a really great leisure pool, with a beach entrance, little kid slide, big kid slide, lazy river, whirlpool, etc.  Ty and I sat in the really shallow part of the beach entrance.  Ty loved it!  He splashed and splashed, then he'd pivot around and look at me and lean on my legs, then splash some more.  He lasted in the pool as long as Dave did.

Here are a few things that Ty has been doing lately that I wanted to write down.  He tries to pull himself up on things so he's standing.  He usually doesn't make it onto his feet, but he pulls himself up a bit.  The other day he was laying on the couch on his back and his feet were kind of tucked into the back of the couch and he sat up without any help.  He did it a few times.  He doesn't have much interest in crawling.  He's only on his back for a minute, usually between rolling over.

Ty gets really excited when I stick out my arms to pick him up.  And I love how excited he gets when he sees Dave, Kate and Jack too.  Our favorite game to play is when Ty and I chase the kids up the stairs when it's bedtime.  Ty loves it and it makes the kids hurry up the stairs (which I love).  He really is a sweet baby.  He's starting to get a little attached and wants to be held more, but he sure is sweet.

5 comments:

lis said...

what EYES he has! he is so adorable!

Meagan said...

It is so fun to see pictures of this little guy. With his finger in his mouth like that, it made me think of Emma. Too bad we can't come to that pool with you. It sounds fantastic!

Michal Thompson said...

he is just adorable!

Melinda said...

He is SO cute. I love those big eyes!

mags said...

oh he is so cute! avery told me the other day that cuddling means you want to squish someone. i agree.
i had a dream last night that you had two husbands! one was dave and the other one was tim tebow. you lucky duck! ha ha