Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dress Up. It's What 3 Year Olds Like to Do

Remember when Kate was 3? She wore this Cinderella dress non-stop. Here are a few pictures of her in it:
Well, now that Jack is 3 too he has his own version of playing dress up. As soon as he gets home from anywhere he strips off his "normal" clothes (which lately have been a basketball shirt and if I'm lucky, jeans) and "dresses up" in his sports clothes.

The other day I found him trying to put on this:
Yep, those are the clothes to his basketball Build-a-Bear. He successfully put on the shorts which fit nicely on his tiny little bum. With a little help we got the jersey on, but Jack decided that the top wasn't going to work. It probably didn't help that I was laughing really hard while I helped him get dressed. I was giving Dave the play-by-play on the phone. I took a picture of him, but I promised Jack I wouldn't post it -- I think he was a little embarrassed because it was so small. He wanted to wear the bear clothes because of the little NBA logo patch on the jersey. This kid is observant!

I convinced him to take off the tiny bear shorts by asking Kate if Jack could borrow her soccer clothes. He was pretty happy with this look:
Last night Dave and Jack were hanging out in the kids' room while I hosted a baby shower downstairs. Jack changed into these soccer clothes.
Dave had no idea where they came from. Then he remembered that they belong to the Teddy Bear that Kate got to bring home from school for a few days.

I think it's funny that every night the floor by Jack's dresser is covered with all the clothes he's worn that day. Usually it includes two basketball shirts, two pairs of "exercise" pants, one pair of basketball shorts., teddy bear clothes, etc. Maybe I should get him a "dress up" box for all his clothes.

I was looking through my blog and saw this post from January 2009. Check it out. Jack hasn't changed a bit. And check out February 8, 2009's blog post too.

1 comment:

Marci said...

That is sooo funny. That reminds me of one of my girls. She was supposed to be taking a nap one afternoon and got upset and started calling for me. I found her with her feet stuck in the doll's clothes (very small baby doll) and she couldn't get out. Oh the things they do!