Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Grateful!

I have lots of pictures to post from our evacuation vacation (or "evacucation" as my friend called it), but it'll take me a while to get to them.

We came home yesterday and I felt so grateful for so many things.  So, I thought I should write them down because who knows if we'll ever experience this again.  I hope not.  Our little town doesn't have much more forest to burn.

I'm grateful....
  •  for the firefighters and everyone who kept the fire from burning anything in town or in the lab.  It's amazing to see how close the fire came.
  • for all the help that my parents gave me while they were staying here and when we were in ABQ.  
  • for Uncle Brad for opening up his home to us (and to my friend Juli's family)
  • that Juli's family stayed with us in ABQ so my kids had a three day long playdate :)
  • for Geoff & Annelisa for letting us stay with them, and feeding us, and entertaining our kids. 
  • that our power stayed on, so our freezers stayed nice and cold.
  • that we have cell phones, email and facebook to keep in touch with everyone
  • that so many people were praying and fasting and thinking about us
  • for the sense of community that I feel seeing the signs around town thanking the fire fighters and knowing that everyone in town has something in common since we were all evacuated and experienced the same thing.
  • that I had a reminder that "things" don't matter, only family matters.

1 comment:

AnneMarie said...

SOOO TRUE!! Family and friends who love you are the only things thing that matter. I am so glad that life is getting back to normal. What a way to start off the summer. :)