The first day of school came fast this summer (on my birthday!). In my 30 years, school has never started on my birthday or even very close to my birthday.
The kids were super excited to start school. I got home from working out at 6:40 and the kids were already up and dressed and Dave was making french toast. It was a long wait until 8:00 when we finally left for school.
| Kindergartener! |
| 2nd grader! |
| Jack's teacher told them to wave goodbye! |
I didn't get a picture of Kate going to class since I was waiting with Jack, so I snapped a cell phone picture of her coming out of her building after school.
Tuesday, the kids wanted to ride the bus, so I walked them to the bus stop, then drove to the school to make sure that they got to their classrooms okay.
Wednesday, we decided to try the other bus stop that's close to our house. There is another second grade girl that gets on there and another kindergarten boy. I waited at the bus stop after school for the kids. Kate got off the bus, but Jack didn't. He ended up getting off on the first stop (the bus stop they'd gotten on/off the day before) and went home. Kate didn't notice that he'd gotten off, since they weren't sitting together. I'm thankful for really nice neighbors who watched Kate and Ty while I ran around the loop to find Jack and for Jack's teacher that called to make sure that we found him and for the transportation and bus drivers that care about the kids. The kids learned from their experience and sat together on the bus today.
It's been fun to see how quickly Kate has been making friends and is enjoying school more now. She already knew two girls in her class, but had a hard time feeling like a part of the class the first two days.
It's funny to hear Jack talk about school. It's hard to tell what they actually did. He doesn't tell me much -- boys and girls are so different!
I'm glad that they both like school. Today was their first full day of school. Kate was making both of their lunches at 7:00 this morning. And Jack was ready to get on the bus at 7:30 (the bus comes at 8:05).
As for my birthday (now I'm officially 30), it was a good day. After the kids went to school I went over to my friend, Juli's house for breakfast. She and Gina and Megan (we are the primary presidency) surprised me and had a babysitter there to watch our kids and they took me out to breakfast. I had my first breakfast burrito (I make them all the time, but I'd never had an official NM breakfast burrito before). After school the kids made brownies (with a little direction from me). Dave grilled steaks for dinner. Then the kids went to bed at a normal time (I love the earlier bedtime during the school year) and Dave and I watched a movie. Good times!

No comments:
Post a Comment