Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas Visit... at Grandma and Grandpa Cox's

We decided to spend Christmas break in Utah this year.  First stop was Grandma and Grandpa Cox's house.  Well actually the first stop and last stops are usually Grandma and Grandpa Judi's house because they are the closest to NM.  It's only an extra hour between grandparents houses, but that hour makes a huge difference when you've been driving all day with three kids!

Steven and Amanda stayed in Fairview the first night they were there.  We had Christmas a little early on Thursday night...







Grandma Cox gave the kids pillowcases with their names embroidered on them.  They loved them!  (Jack's just trying not to show his excitement in this picture).  Ty even knows which one is his.



Friday was super cold, so we decided to go bowling in Ephraim.  The kids played two games and Dave and I played two games. 








The kids loved it!  Most of the pictures that I took of Kate and Jack didn't turn out very well.  They were quite the bowlers though!  I'm pretty sure that Kate beat my score.


After we got home from bowling it had warmed up a bit (it started out at -1 that morning), so the kids got to ride Ginger. 





Jack and Grandpa shoveled the little bit of snow off of the driveway.  I guess it didn't take long enough because then they shoveled part of the backyard.

My kids LOVE Emmalee's dog, Skippy.  Normally Jack doesn't like dogs, but he likes Skippy because he throws balls for Skippy to catch. 

The kids played lots of Wii games.  They loved Mario Kart and bowling! 

The kids also loved jumping on the little trampoline. 

On Christmas Eve morning (Saturday) Ty and I mixed up some cinnamon rolls to leave in the fridge for my parents and Em to bake Christmas morning for breakfast. I guess I haven't let Ty play in the flour for a while. He loved it! He was very covered with flour by the end.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa and Em for letting us come stay! 

No comments: