Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas Visit...Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve we spent the morning at Grandma and Grandpa Cox's house and then headed over the mountain to Grandma and Grandpa Judi's.  I baked up a storm while the kids played with Grandma and pa and toys.  I made macadamia nut cookies for Santa, cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast, carrot pudding (which I tried to bake instead of steam on the stove), pie crusts (which shrunk), and jello for Christmas dinner. 

I love how Ty is pinching his own cheek.

The kids were very insistent that we don't act out the nativity.  Kate didn't want to be Mary and Jack didn't want to have a donkey.  So, we brought our nativity puppets and everyone had one or two puppets while Grandpa read the scriptures. 



Then the kids got to open one present...
Jack was a little disappointed that it was pajamas and not a toy.

I made Kate's pajama bottoms.  Her doll, Kit, got matching pjs for Christmas too.  We only had to reinforce the seams of Kate's pj bottoms twice while in UT.  At least they didn't totally fall apart.


Grandma Judi bought some treats and we had a Christmas Eve snacking party.  Ty loves licorice!
 

No comments: