I didn't take hardly any pictures during June. My camera card died and lost all the pictures that I took the first two weeks of summer break and then I didn't get the camera out much. We were pretty busy though.
The first week of summer break (last week May) Dave went to Washington D.C. on travel. The kids and I tried to figure out our new summer routine with chores and trips to the pool and library.
The first week of June Melinda and Norm came to visit and we went to White Sands and Carlsbad Caverns with them. I'll post pictures sometime...Then we spent a few days together here at home. Dave took a few days off so we were all together. One night we got a babysitter for the kids and the adults went to dinner at Rancho de Chimayo.
I was called to be a ward organist, so the kids and I have spent a bit of time at the church practicing the organ. Brother Chamberlin, our 93-year-old ward chorister, has been giving me organ lessons to help me learn how to play the pedals and how to sustain and break the notes correctly. Playing the organ is hard! It's hard to play with your feet and your hands! I've "played" (a.k.a. faked it) the organ for 12 years and I have some bad habits that I need to correct. Brother Chamberlin is very talented organist and I'm glad that I get to learn from him.
The third week of June Dave went to New Jersey for a few days. He flew out early Tuesday morning, so the whole family spent the night at a hotel in Albuqerque with him. We took him to the airport early in the morning, then went back to the hotel and watched Disney channel and went swimming.
Kate and Jack went to soccer camp that the high school boys' soccer team sponsers. They've done it for several years now and love it. It was in White Rock, so we drove down there every day. I should have taken pictures...
The rest of the month was busy with play dates, trips the pool (we try to go twice a week), trips to the library, visiting teaching appointments, reading books out loud, etc. Kate won a book from the weekly drawing for the summer reading program at the library.
Jack got his first cavity filled last week and had sealants put on his teeth. He did great! He said the shot didn't even hurt.
We went to Lowe's and Home Depot many times. I painted the dining room and living room. Dave put up trim around the new doorway in the wall. We still have lots of things left to do to finish those two rooms.
Our most exciting trip to Lowe's was to buy this evaporative cooler. It was totally worth the money! Our house is nice and cool now, even the kitchen that used to heat up first thing in the morning because of the wall of east facing windows. I can use the oven now! It's wonderful and cool!
Last weekend we went to Colorado Springs to visit Geoff and Annelisa. We went to the America the Beautiful fountain and let the kids play in the water. Grandma and Grandpa Judi came later and the kids worked hard putting on a play for them. Then on Sunday we went to Callie's baptism, then we drove home. No pictures...Oops! We saw a black bear in the mountains west of Walsenburg. It was our first time seeing one out in the wild.
I think it's interesting that a year from the date that my parents were visiting us and had to evacuate because our fire, my parents had to evacuate because of a fire north-west of Fairview. Then a few days later a big fire started in Colorado Springs, then one started in the mountains really close to Clear Creek. It's crazy and sad how many fires there are! We didn't have any fireworks here this year because of the dryness.
3 comments:
The wall with the trim looks beautiful. Nice work.
you have been so busy! What a great job!
Oh the organ! Good work Jenny. It is really difficult to transition from piano playing, but I am sure you will be brilliant! Good luck and keep all your tips handy for when the inevitable strikes again with the choir here.
Post a Comment