Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Out with the Old...

Our original plan of just replacing the tile in the kitchen has led to replacing the cabinets too.  So, last weekend, we got rid of the old kitchen...

We had a stone company come on Friday and remove our silestone countertops, since we want to use them again.  Dave was flying home from Australia, so I got to make sure that it got done.  Our friend came over the night before and disconnected our kitchen sink so it was ready for the countertop removal. 

On Saturday, Dave forgot about jet lag and ripped out the old cabinets. We threw them in the back of the truck and took them to the dump. The cabinets were actually homemade (we assume by the first homeowner). They were over 35 years old and ready to be retired. 

Here's our current kitchen...(taken after the first visit from our drywall guy)
 I'm happy to have a working fridge and oven.

 The pantry side of our laundry room. 
The kitchen side of our laundry room (which looks a lot better after some work from Dave and the drywall guy -- we had some water damage from the previous owner's not taking care of a roof leak)
A few weekends ago Dave replaced our door that goes to the garage.  I didn't realize how much I hated the old nasty brown door. 
So, for now, we're doing the dishes in the bathroom, which isn't too bad if we use paper plates and bowls, so I don't have to wash so many dishes.

We had food in boxes stashed in different places in the house.  And most of our kitchen stuff is boxed in the kitchen. 
It works.  I miss the sink and the microwave the most, but it'll be worth it.

1 comment:

SYLVIE said...

Hi again,
Wow what a project. I am sure it will look awsome! Love, Sylvie