Monday, March 11, 2013

Handy Dave...and Kitchen Update

Lately, I've been appreciating Dave's handyman skills more than usual. 

I gave Dave an extra project to work on this last week.  I had a little run-in with the planter boxes by our driveway and bent a few rods under the car so the back left tire was crooked. 

Our car is old enough that Mazda doesn't make the parts that we needed anymore.  Dave tracked some down at a junk dealer in Albuquerque.  We drove down there and picked them up.  Then he replaced them.  Now he has his car back.  And...I'll be more careful when I backup.

We've been finishing off our kitchen.  The tile has been done for a couple of months now and I'm enjoying being able to sweep and mop it.  We recently bought new doors that go into the laundry room.  And Dave put up new baseboards and trim. 
 The tile color looks a little weird in this picture...
Now all we need is to replace the kitchen window and the kitchen will be finished! 



 Here's a little flashback of what the kitchen looked like last summer...

 Now...
 Thanks Dave!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

It looks so nice! Beautiful job, you two! I love how warm and inviting it is with the rich cabinet colors.

Eileen said...

It's beautiful!! Good job!

annelisa said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see it in person.

mags said...

jenni i love it!!! you guys have done an awesome job!

Meagan said...

Seriously, it looks fantastic. I love what you've done!

Michal Thompson said...

its' gorgeous. Your little nick is adorable, but so are all your kids!