Dave has been going on walks with Kate, Jack and Ty in the evenings after dinner. One evening, Ty was asleep (he fells asleep during timeout) and I was getting ready to bathe Nick. Jack came running home from their walk saying, "Kate is hurt. She has blood!"
I asked him if we needed to go pick them up and Jack said, "I guess so."
Jack woke up Ty and got him in the van. I put Nick in his carseat and we left to go rescue Kate. Dave hadn't taken a cell phone, so Jack volunteered to come and get me.
Dave and Kate were in the next neighborhood. Jack knew right where they were.
Kate had been walking with her arms inside her coat, not in the coat sleeves. She tripped on Dave's shoe and fell, landing on her forehead and nose. There was so much blood coming out of her nose that Dave took off his shirt for Kate to catch the blood in.
Luckily Kate didn't hit any of her teeth. She ended up with a big bruise on her forehead and scratches and scrapes on her forehead, nose, and knees. After a lot of Oxyclean, all the clothes were blood-free.
This picture was taken the next day...
2 comments:
Even with the scrapes, Kate looks so pretty!
That is so sad. Jack did an awesome job coming to get you!
Post a Comment