Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's a . . .

BABY!

I decided that it would be fun to wait until we found out the gender of the baby before blogging about being pregnant. Although, it seems like I have been pregnant forever! And, it's only been 18 weeks. Hopefully the next 22 weeks go by faster.

Anyway...So, today I had an ultrasound and we found out the gender. (The picture is actually from my 12 week ultrasound, but works.)

Here's how some of the ultrasound went today:

Dr: Looks like it's a girl.

I think: Are you really sure? I couldn't even tell he was looking between the legs.

10 minutes go by.

Dr: Wait a minute. It's a boy.

The doctor shows us the little boy part. Kate bursts into tears. Jack just wants to go play basketball.

So, it's a boy! I kind of thought it was a boy, but I wasn't counting on it actually being one since the majority of the babies that are born here are girls. I don't know if it's the altitude or what... Kate's okay with it being a baby brother now. She told us at dinner that she would take care of the baby if I had to go anywhere. And, when we were talking about her crying during the ultrasound she said, "Sometimes it's just hard for four-year-olds."


On an non-baby-related note, here's something funny that Kate said today that I wanted to write down. We were driving past the high school and I pointed out a bunch of kids waiting for the county bus. Kate said, "Mom, those kids shouldn't just stand there. They should play duck-duck-goose or something."

13 comments:

MLE ~ Rowley :) said...

I'm so happy for you Jenny! Does it make you a little leary that the doctor was unsure at first? JK, that is funny! I'm so glad I get to see you and your family even if it's only through a computer. Your kids are soooo cute and it kills me to see Kate so grown up! Take care!

Tasha said...

Kate is just darling! Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys:)

Wendi said...

Hey Congratulations! That's so exciting! I hope everything goes great!

Julia said...

I saw that you were having a boy from your comment on Angela's blog...and I was like..I bet I can find out more on Jenny's blog! That is so great! And Kate is hilarious! That is really cute! It is hard for four year olds! And Emmy would probably add for two year olds too! :-) Anyway, congratulations!!

Marci said...

Wow! Congrats! I'm excited for you. Best wishes with three!

Kristen said...

Hey There Jenny!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I have been out of the blog loop for a while so I was excited to check yours and find such great news! Yeah! Another boy! Kate is so cute! I love what she said about it being hard for four year olds! Ha ha! So when are you due? How are you feeling? Are you more tired than you've ever been? Hey, I also was wondering if you could send me your contact info again. I accidently deleted it. Thanks Jenny and congrats again!

mags said...

poor kate! at least she has a wonderful aunt named melinda who knows just how she feels.
congrats to you guys! and jack will make an excellent b-ball coach to the new little guy.

lis said...

Kate just makes me laugh. What a cutie!

Lynnette said...

Congratulations! I'm excited for you!

The Draper Family said...

yah! Congrats! You have the cutest kids. Having three is a blast. Hope all continues to go well. Keep us posted on the progress! Kirston

Michal Thompson said...

Hurray!!! Wow, I would never been able to keep a secret that long! Now we will both have two boys and one girl!

Marianne said...

Kate told us that when she is five she will probably be able to do all of the the things that a mother can do, so she can help you with the baby.

The Coxes said...

Jenny - I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE PREGNANT! Congrats! I obviously need to read your blog more often! Kendy :)