Sunday, February 1, 2009

What We've Been Doing This Week

We haven't done anything super exciting this week, but I thought I'd make a list of things that we've been doing this week:
  1. After I finished teaching piano lessons the other day, Jack sat down at the piano and said that it was his turn for a piano lesson. So, I gave him a "piano" lesson.
  2. After Jack's lesson, it was Kate's turn. She had gathered up some library books for her to play out of. She gave me a book and said that it was her notebook for me to write in. She also had a "theory" book too. Pretty observant! So, we got out her Fancy Nancy library book and tried to figure out how the piano would sound if she was sitting on a bumpy bus, etc., etc.
  3. Apparently the kids can't play with friends too much during one week. The kids had lots of opportunities to play at their friends' houses this week, but it is never enough. Maybe I'm not very exciting. I think Jack likes to play at Amy's house because of this...
  4. Jack has asked me multiple times every day if he can watch Cars or Thomas. At least when he watches them he gets out his cars or trains and "acts" it out along with the movie.
  5. Kate loves to make things with the Perler Beads that she got for Christmas. Unfortunately, Jack is attracted to them and loves to mess up her creations that she takes her a long time to make. I have a love/hate relationship with Perler Beads. I love that Kate loves them, but I hate how small they are, how many there are, and how long it takes to pick them all off of the floor.
  6. We went to a park close to our house this week. It wasn't all that warm, but at least the snow was gone. I can't wait for warm weather and spring.
  7. The kids are really into watching this...And Dave and I like watching this...
  8. The last five times that I've taken the kids to the library Jack has pooped while we're there. I know, sorry for writing about poop, but seriously, every time we go to the library he does it. I don't usually have a diaper either, so he just gets to be stinky until we go home. I wonder what it is about the library that makes him do it?
All right, that's pretty much all we've been up to. This week will probably be exactly the same as last week.

3 comments:

The Coxes said...

Jenny - I think it's funny that your kids like American Idol! :) And I'm sorry about the pooping at the library - I hate that. Matthew used to always poop at church, during Relief Society. It was like clockwork. Have a great week! Kendy :)

Wendi said...

I bet Jack likes the quiet atmosphere at the library. So peaceful... he can just relax. Or something like that.

I understand the love/hate thing with the perler beads. That's how I feel about Shannon's various art supplies. I like to see what she does, but hate the paper messes that she makes.

Shannon wanted me to say "I love Kate." She got on my pc by herself, found the right blog link, and was looking at all the pictures on your blog.

suzi said...

That sounds like a great week! I love that you took the time to play the piano with your kids. When are you guys going to be here again?!