Sunday, June 8, 2008

Clear Creek

This weekend we went to Clear Creek to help Vaughn get the house ready for the upcoming "Judi" reunion. Dave and Vaughn worked in the yard and cleared stuff out of the house while I tackled cleaning windows and walls (I stopped cleaning the walls after a while since it made them look worse since the house is so old -- 100+ years).
"Cheese!" Jack wanted me to take his picture so he could look at it. He's been a little monkey lately. All he says pretty much is "mine." "My ball. My car." Etc. Etc. Tonight I was singing him "I am a Child of God" and he said, "No, my dear. No, my way!" Great! I hope this "mine" stage ends soon!
Checking out the new fire hydrant shed.

Jack was freaking out while I took this picture. The cement next to the big door was chipped and Jack was a little nervous about walking near it or stepping over it.Playing in Grandpa's truck. My kids can pretend to drive for hours!We were going to go fishing, but it was snowing in the morning and too windy in the afternoon. We ate our lunch in the boat on the trailer instead.

We've had this slide for a few years, but the kids enjoyed it more at Clear Creek. We're donating it to Grandma and Grandpa J since we'll have a big slide in our new backyard. Hooray!


Here's a little side note: Dave gets an award for finding my contact, again! He's amazing! I dropped it in the car on our drive down to Clear Creek. I don't know how he found it. I thought I was going to have to wear glasses for the rest of my life. I can't lose another contact again. It's a little too stressful.

3 comments:

annelisa said...

Jenny I sure love you! You make me laugh! Glad Dave found your contact. He is a real hero. I am sad we will be missing the reunion. Maybe next year!

Melinda said...

Great pictures. It looks like your kids had a lot of fun. Thanks for cleaning up for the reunion! Love the fire hydrant shed!

mags said...

Oh how we miss Clear Creek and cousins! It looks beautiful up there. Thanks for the post. By the way how are you liking "the host?" I still haven't read all the twighlight books, I guess I should, but I have heard The Host is really good.