Sunday, June 29, 2008

Great Friends!

Well, we are finally halfway done with our move. The really hard part is over (packing, cleaning, and saying goodbye to great friends and family) and now we just have to wait a few more days before we drive to NM and unpack.

We've just spent 5 days in Clear Creek at the "Judi Family Reunion." It was fun and relaxing and nice to be in the mountains and with family. I'll post pictures later. I was just checking my email and checking up on everyone's blogs and it's beginning to hit me how much I'm going to miss all my great friends in Salt Lake. We only lived there 9 months, but there are so many great ladies that I grew really close to and will miss so much!

Thanks to all of you for watching my kids (and offering to watch them, but not being able to because Kate had the stomach flu and a fever while I was packing so the kids stayed home)! And for offering to help pack and clean. Thanks to sweet Suzi for making me a great 6 CD music mix (I've already listened to 5 of the CDs already)! The list goes on and on! I will miss all of you so much (and I'll miss running with you too)! So, keep on blogging and emailing and I'll be okay.

Last week my friends threw a surprise-pizza-picnic-farewell party for me which was really sweet of them! Here are a few pics from it. The rest of my pics are on my computer which is packed away in the trailer somewhere. (Here's a little sidenote: all of our stuff fit in our trailer! It's a miracle! We didn't have to leave anything behind.)



I wish I had more pictures of all of my friends and there cute kids handy, but I'll have to post more later. Here is a pic of Kate and Jack with my great friend, Liz's kids, Astin and Fiona. They came over and had one last running-threw-the-sprinkler-playdate together before we left. Anyway...I'm really glad that my kids are healthy now and our stuff all fit and we're all packed and ready to go to our next adventure in our lives. I'm really glad that we have great friends in New Mexico waiting for us. That makes the whole moving process easier. But as I sit here at Dave's parent's house blogging away I'm missing all of my friends and my family already. So, everyone start planning your next trip to New Mexico!

5 comments:

suzi said...

We miss you guys like crazy!! I'm glad you liked the music! I'm so glad we have blogs so we can keep in touch. Crazy that you are already gone! I wish you the best, and for sure keep us posted on all of the new adventures!

mags said...

I think we should live in New Mexico! The worst part of the move is leaving all the friends behind. Thank goodness for blogs!

Wendi said...

I told Shannie you were moving back to LA and she said, "oh man! I wanted them to move to Connecticut!" Oh well. Say hi to everyone in LA for me!

The Coxes said...

Jenny - good luck with getting all settled in NM! You are an expert with packing and unpacking by now, I'm sure. :) Thanks for your updated contact info - we'll be sure to keep in touch! Kendy :)

Anna said...

Yeah, you lived in Utah for nine months and guess who never came to visit you? Me, that's right. And I'm still going to miss you when you leave, even though I haven't seen you since Jack was tiny. Good luck with everything--I need to send you a long update email one of these days.