1 -- Left at 7:00 am (I'm amazed that the kids and I were ready by then) and drove to Santa Fe.
2 -- Spent 1.25 hours waiting inside the Kia Dealer's waiting room while they changed the oil in the van (Dave always changes our oil, but we had a coupon this time -- just for the record).
3 -- We drove another hour to Albuquerque where I dropped my kids off at my sweet aunt Karen's house. I pretty much just dropped them off with not much chatting involved since I was running a little late.4 -- Then I went to the temple. Aaah, it was so nice and quiet there. I swear Jack is getting louder everyday.
5 -- I picked up the kids and visited with Karen for a minute. I'm so glad she lives there. She's such a lifesaver and it's so nice to have some family close.6 -- We ran really fast into Walmart to buy b-day presents. Then went to Sam's to get gas.
7 -- Then at 2:30 we made it to the most-anticipated stop, the ZOO! I'd been promising the kids all week that if they were good then we'd go to the zoo today. Too bad it was so stinking windy today. Anyway...Here are some pics of our zoo trip:
The much anticipated zoo-train ride.
We decided that this lion was on strike (from one of our favorite books,
"Animal Strike at the Zoo, It's True" by Karma Wilson)
But the kids' favorite part of the zoo, was the kid playground. I guess they would have just been happy going to a McDonald's playplace.
This part was a little too hard for Jack -- he couldn't get up.
Just think -- I really should be going to Albuquerque every month to go to the temple. All I can think right now is, "I wish it were closer." Anyway...It was a good day.
6 comments:
Great trip; great endurance; great result Jenny! And doing it all pregnant is even more impressive! I'm so glad I found this blog - I thought you only had the menu one - and was able to get caught up on your life! Thanks for all the great pics & congrats on the boy.
what a fun day! you are awesome to do so many fun things with them in one day. super mom!
Jenny, you are amazing. I nominate you mom of the year (well, besides Melinda being alone with her kids, also.) Wish we lived closer to the temple too.
Oops, the ablove comment plus this one is really Marianne, I am using David's computer login. David said that he will get a bad rep.
I was surprised to see Dave write that comment! Not that he doesn't think that, but it just didn't sound like him. Glad that you had a good day!
Ugh. I remember those all day shopping/temple/other task trips to ABQ. We still have to drive about the same distance to the temple, but we don't have to do all the shopping and other errands. Way to go w/getting everything done!
Post a Comment