Friday, January 22, 2010

The "Big One" that wasn't

We've been anticipating the "big one" coming this week. The weather-man has been talking about this huge storm. So far it hasn't turned out to be that exciting. It snowed pretty hard yesterday, so Kate got to come home from school at 12:30.

Today Jack's school was cancelled and KAte didn't have to go until 10:00. Dave didn't get a delay at the lab, so he had to go to work at 8:00 like usual. It didn't really snow much last night, so I guess the delay was a waste.

The snow we got today was really heavy and wet. I don't think I've ever shoveled snow as heavy as it was.

Here are a few pictures from this afternoon:

Jack in mid-air jumping off the snow pile.

The kids in the snow cave that Dave had just built. Too bad the picture of the kids actually smiling and being nice was too dark to post.
Our yucky-looking-snow piles.
The storm is supposed to last until tomorrow. We'll see if anything happens tonight. Bring on Spring!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Don't you just love the snow piles all over town. Ours are over 5 feet in many places.

Meagan said...

I think I like the rain. Although, at least you can send kids out to play in the snow, and while they come in soaked, they've at least gotten outside for a while.