Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Year Resolutions

So, I know it's January 17th already, but I thought I'd post a few of my resolutions/goals for this year. Dave and I had the privilege :) of talking in church a few weeks ago about resolutions and goals. In my talk I quoted Elder Ballard, who said that if you don't write down your goals, you probably won't accomplish them. I've been thinking about what I want to improve on, and I guess the first step is to right them down.

1. Family -- Be more patient at home. Stop yelling. Discipline with love. Relax and enjoy the kids more. Spend quality time w/ the kids while they're not at school, instead of trying to get things done. Maybe even watch a game or two w/Dave.

2. Spend time wisely. Read more books and spend less time on-line. Finish things that I start. Clean up as I go, instead of making messes I clean up later. Make a cleaning schedule and stick to it. Stick to my menus. Plan my grocery lists more efficiently, so I don't have to go shopping every other day.

3. Spiritual -- read all the Relief Society and Sunday School lessons this year. Plan Sharing Times before Saturday night. Read scriptures a little longer daily. Write in my journal.

4. Physical -- Eat healthier and better portion control. Run in a race -- at least a 10K.

Next step. Do them!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Great goals! I'm sure you will do a great job accomplishing them!

Andrea said...

can I just copy your goals and change the names and the 10K to a 5K :)