Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Weekend

We spent Memorial Day weekend with Geoff and Annelisa and their family.  It's always fun staying with them. 

Dave, Geoff and the kids tried out our new tent one night in Geoff's backyard.  Here's a picture of the kids waking up.

I ran the Boulder Boulder 10K with my friend JoDee on Memorial Day.  Dave watched the kids overnight at Geoff's house while I spent the night in Denver at JoDee's house and then ran the race the next morning.  It was like a 15 hour vacation.

It was my first time running a race. It was fun.  The race wasn't anything too hard or super challenging.  It went around the town of Boulder.  The "hills" in the race weren't anything like what we have here in Los Alamos.  It was fun to have the race experience though.  Maybe I'll try a half marathon next. 

4 comments:

The Draper Family said...

Way to go Jenny! I am running a full marathon this weekend! Wish me luck! Kirston

Michal Thompson said...

oh I am so jealous, that is a super fun race!

Kristen said...

Way to go Jenny! You are awesome! You should do a half marathon . . . full you'll be addicted and want to do a full! Hooray for you! I wish I could do these races with you! Keep on running!

Natalie said...

Congrats! I'm so glad you got to do it:)