My parents and little sister, Emmalee, came to visit this week. It was great having them here. The kids loved having other people to play with and to show what they like to do at our house. I especially loved having the extra hands to hold Ty, help make dinner, do the dishes, etc.
On Wednesday, June 2nd, we made the trek to Albuquerque to the zoo. We got there at lunchtime and had a picnic at the park across the street from the zoo. Then we hit the zoo.
Here's a some little monkeys I saw running around.
The kids loved this little chimp. (I think it's a chimpanzee, right?)
Of course we rode the train.
Here's a good view of Ty's one tooth on the top. Hopefully the other one comes in soon to balance things out.
King Jack
The gang in search of some shade. It was super hot!
Refreshing ice cream break.
The kids LOVE the zoo playground.
As we were leaving Ty finally fell asleep. Isn't Kate a great hider? You can't even see her pouting, I mean, hiding, behind my legs.
After the zoo we stopped by Aunt Karen's house to say hi. Then we had a few more errands to run before we headed home. I wish my family could go to ABQ with me all the time. It was great to have helpers and great company!I snapped this picture of my dad and Ty the other night. My dad tried really hard to get Ty to like him and he did warm up to him. It just took a while and he had to start over every morning.













No comments:
Post a Comment