Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy July 4th, I mean 3rd!

We celebrated July 4th a day early this year, since the 4th is on a Sunday.  We went to the parade and carnival that the White Rock ward puts on.  The kids rode their bikes in the parade.  The carnival part of it was great since Kate was very independent and played a lot of the games by herself while Jack and I were doing other things. 

What could be better than a morning full of parade, games, snow cones, popcorn, face painting, and prizes?

The kids getting ready to ride their bikes in the parade
Ty checking out his balloon. . . string
Jack riding in the parade (Kate was way ahead of me most of the time, so I couldn't get a good picture)

Jack waiting to play the "knock over the bottle tower with a ball" game
Kate throwing the hoop over a duck
Jack fishing
Three legged race
The kids loved their squirt gun prizes
We had a little backyard BBQ -- Ty really wanted to eat some corn.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Kate is so tan! What cute kids you have! I love how well Kate and Jack get along! It's so sweet! I can't believe Ty is one! It seems like you just had him. Happy Birthday Buddy!