Friday, July 30, 2010

One Year Old Ty

Well, now that Ty is officially one, he's decided to act older.  It's amazing to me the things he's started doing in the last week.

He was holding a ball the other day and said "ba".  Then after he gave it a hug, he threw it.
Ty has a fascination w/the stairs.  This morning while I was in the shower he sneaked out of the bathroom (I didn't latch the door) and was sitting on the top step when I found him.  He loves to throw things down the stairs too.  This is how Ty goes down the stairs. 

Step 1 -- turn around on the step
Step 2 -- sit on the step
Step 3 -- jump up and down and scare your mom to death (and no, he's not on the bottom step in this picture, I cropped the picture a little too much)
Step 4 -- try to get your legs out from underneath you w/out falling

Ty loves to be with the kids.  Whereever they are, he tries to go too.  That means if they are outside riding bikes, he wants to be out there too, not inside w/me while I try to make dinner.  Ty loves me to push him around on his little bike.  It's a great bum exercise for me. :)

Ty LOVES to play the piano.  I think it's from spending hours and hours sitting on my lap while I taught piano lessons. 

I taught Ty the sign for more the other day.  I've been amazed at how fast he picked up on it.  He's signed it on his own a few times and I haven't even shown it to him very much.  It's nice to know what he wants. 

1 comment:

Eileen said...

He looks so grown-up!