Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer

I'm so sad that summer is almost over.  We go to Utah next weekend and then when we get back school starts that week.  I'm trying to enjoy our last unscheduled fun-filled days.  Here are a few things that I've loved about this summer:
  • listening to Kate read books and more books to Jack and me.
  • spending hours at the pool watching my kids turn into little fish
  • riding bikes waiting for Dave to come home from work
  • playing at the park while Kate practices monkey bars
  • playdates with friends (my friends and the kids' friends)
  • spending lots of unscheduled time with my kids
  • visiting family
  • eating lots of good food
  • Los Alamos weather (lots of rain)
  • early morning runs
I snapped a few pictures of the kids last night while we were waiting for Dave to come home from work.
Kate was showing me her gymnastics skills
Jack and I (and Ty too) played a little game of soccer

1 comment:

lis said...

Cute kids... sad to see summer go, but I guess I can't complain because my kids don't start until August 31... yay! We need to skype sometime!