Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cousins and Roller Skating

Geoff and Annelisa and their kids came to visit us this weekend.

Dave and Geoff took the older kids to Bandelier this afternoon, while Annelisa and I watched the babies. Dave didn't take the camera, so no pictures. But everyone made it home safely and no one fell off a ladder.

We went roller skating at the United Church tonight. Kate went with a friend for the first time last week, but the rest of us had never been skating there. It was pretty entertaining watching the kids struggle to stand up on their skates. After a while most of them gave roller blades a try too. They were good sports and didn't mind that they fell down a lot.

After a while, the kids got the hang of standing without falling.  Haley did pretty well. 


The kids got to push around these little carts some of the time.  Most of the time they were holding onto parent's hands.
Sweet babies (and sweet Annelisa too)
Ty watching the kids skate and fall.

Ty loves to play with Emily and Cameron.  He liked to try to pick them up.  And he enjoyed sharing his food with them.  Cute babies!
Kate, Callie, and Haley spent hours perler beading.  Check out Kate's perler bead blog to see their posts (here for Callie, and here for Haley).
 Kate got a really cool bruise on her chin from a roller-skating spill.
 Jack and Katelyn played a little bit of dollhouse.
 And, Ty was really sweet in this pictures, so I had to post it. 


2 comments:

Meagan said...

Sigh. I am glad you guys can all get together, but I admit, it makes me not love living in CA. Oh well, it makes getting together a whole lot of fun when we do! I loved going roller skating as a kid. What a fun thing.

annelisa said...

We had so much fun! Can't wait til next time! Whenever that is!